[DESIGN METHODS 2] Project 3: Interior Product – Furniture Design Inspired by Nature
- You are to design a furniture piece with a strong concept derived from nature – inspired by the
forms, the structures and the elements of the natural world.
- Based on your own research you are to respond to the wants and needs of this
demographic and the constraints of apartment living through the design of a furniture
product, which will innovatively support their contemporary lifestyle. This could be
ultimately part of range.
- You are to research the rituals and values associated with apartment living and consider
the furnishing issues such as the need for compact, foldable, stackable or multi functional
- Consideration should be given to the issues of sustainability and the impact of the raw
materials and production processes on the environment – materials, toxicity, maintenance,
durability and economics.
CLIENT & EXPECTATIONS OF THE BRIEF:
Your clients are middle-income earners in their mid twenties to mid forties. They are living
in apartments in the major metropolitan centres throughout Australia.
YOUR DEVELOPED DESIGN SHOULD DEMONSTRATE RESOLUTION OF THE FOLLOWING:
Ergonomics, dimensions, materials, finishes. Design detailing and construction illustrated through:-
– Detailed model indicating finishes – scale appropriate to design– Design line drawings – plans, elevations, sections and details, consider fixings and mechanics if
movement is involved – scale appropriate to design
– 3D sketches of the furniture piece or range indicating finishes and materials
– Rendered perspective insitu – include figures through the use of CAD and photoshop
– Presented on coordinating A2 boards or as appropriate to design– 250 word statement explanation including the brief requirements, design concept, materials
and proposed manufacturing/fabrication of the design piece with reference to the sustainability
considerations that have been included. This is presented in the form of a brochure
– Name for your design
YOKO’S 250 WORD STATEMENT EXPLANATION (Including the brief requirements, design concept, materials and proposed manufacturing/fabrication of the design piece with reference to the sustainability):
コメント Leave your feedbacks